Monday, March 19, 2012

MY JOURNEY OF NO SHOPPING FOR LENT

So since Lent began on February 22, 2012, I decided for Lent NOT to SHOP and my choice to give up shopping for Lent was hard, but a good choice. My reason for choosing to give up shopping for lent was mainly due to the fact that I often found myself spending my pay check every chance I got on shopping or if I have a few dollars in my wallet I would shop. These last couple of days and even weeks has been very stressful and very tempting. Every Saturday my mother and I, have mother and daughter day. My mother loves to go shopping on that day especially since I decided to give up shopping for 40days.



As I walk through every store I take notes in my head of things that I already have in my closet that I can wear in many different ways. I also find myself trying to come up with many different reasons why I need to purchase new things. While I am doing NO SHOPPING for 40 days I find my biggest temptation is the need and want for shoes, I usually don't have that much of a need for shoes, however since I gave up NO SHOPPING shoes is all I seem to have a need for at least I think I do. One thing I can say is that it is extremely hard going into a store and seeing all these nice bright colors of pants, nice big chunky necklaces most importantly any new pair of heels that just came out. My hand just takes and rubs against that nice fabric on the jeans, my fingers rub against the beads on the necklaces and my feet just dream about being placed in those new heels.



As this process goes on I find myself being more responsible with my money, and bills are getting paid. I am saving more money than before and working with the wardrobe I already have. Throughout it all there is a lesson that we should learn during lent and that lesson is Can we go without these things forever? Is 40days really enough?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What No shopping! LOL! Does this include Louie Vutton! WOw!